   -Paul (the other "Paul M.")

After testing some more with the default threading model it seems that the example occasionally starts up with the correct views of the scene and camera frustum, but after a few frames are rendered stalls anyway. Running with --SingleThreaded makes the example work, BUT it dumps core on exit (reproducible more than once) in that case. The relevant stack trace is

(gdb) bt
#0  0xb69b3470 in ?? ()
#1 0xb732acd1 in glXMakeCurrentReadSGI () from //usr//lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.so.1 #2 0xb732b099 in glXMakeCurrent () from //usr//lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.so.1 #3 0xb75cd5ca in osgViewer::GraphicsWindowX11::makeCurrentImplementation () from /home/melis/osg/lib/libosgViewer.so.35 #4 0xb7d7e654 in osg::GraphicsContext::makeCurrent () from /home/melis/osg/lib/libosg.so.35 #5 0xb7d7ff16 in osg::GraphicsContext::close () from /home/melis/osg/lib/libosg.so.35 #6 0xb7571e0a in osgViewer::CompositeViewer::~CompositeViewer () from /home/melis/osg/lib/libosgViewer.so.35
#7  0x080539c7 in main ()

I can't tell wether this is a separate problem or related to the lockups in multi-threaded mode. I haven't seen any other coredumps on exit yet, so the thirdpersonview example seems to be special in this respect.

Commenting out the FSAA makes no difference.

osgcompositeviewer runs fine with the default thread model.

Paul

Hi Paul,

To see if it is thread related try :

  osgthirdpersonview cow.osg --SingleThreaded

You could also see if its FSAA causing the problems by comment out the line:

    // Turn on FSAA, makes the lines look better.
    osg::DisplaySettings::instance()->setNumMultiSamples( 4 );