Hi Björn,

> The reason for us thinking of using GLUT and not just sticking with pure OSG
> is that we want to use the built-in menu capabillities of GLUT. But perhaps
> there is a simple OSG way of doing that as well?

osgViewer itself doesn't provide menu support, its literally focused
on the graphics side, you can add menus by integrating it conventional
windowing toolkits, or.... use osgWidget NodeKit that is planned for
integration this month.

osgWidget is entirely native implementation, so theGUI elements are
actually done in the 3D window itself, and so will integrate with any
Windowing toolkit, yep even GLUT!

I'd recommend against using GLUT as it'll throw away all the threading
and multiple windowing support that OSG is capable of.