Hi Valary,

ImageStream is updated by a background thread.  The xine-lib and
QuickTime plugins both subclass
from ImageStream and OpenThreads::Thread to provide a class that
automatically runs updates on
itself - this thread updates the image data on the ImageStream and
then calls dirty to tell the rendering
thread that it needs to download the data to any associated texture.

Robert.