Hi Robert,

> I've wondering about making it possible to have a composite StateSe to
> provide switch and layer functionality, but have never tackled this as
> it complicates the basic API quite a bit for functionality that only a
> very small proportion of users will ever require.
>
> That being said, I do see value in having the OSG better support the
> type of usage you are putting it through, we just have to strive for a
> solution that is not intrusive to rest of the OSG.
>
> Robert.

Maybe I can take a look at how to integrate this into OSG? Well, if I get time
to actually do it :-)

But in case I do, then I would like to try a direct integration in the OSG
code-base. I will find a way to keep the old API so that any code written
earlier will still work. Performance should not be affected much. I think the
controller for this should be the camera, at least that is what I need, but I'd
like to look closer at the code before I make up my mind.

I am quite new to OSG, so I need to know where and how to submit a code
contribution candidate so that it can be reviewed and hopefully approved. Who
should I talk to about it?

I am impressed by how quickly I got feedback on this mail thread :-)

Viggo