All,

I've made an attempt in generating a database using my own height field and
texture per the instructions located at
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/UserGuides/osgdem.

So far, I have not had any luck in getting the height field to display
correctly. The texture is present just fine but the terrain is either
completely flat or is uncorrelated with the texture. This is the command I'm
issuing to generate the terrain.

osgdem --xx 90 --yy 90 -t n39_texture.tif --xx 90 --yy 90 -d n39_height_.tif
-l 4 -v 0.1 -o myterrain.ive -a myterrain.osga

The height field tif file comes from a 1 degree by 1 degree of DTED that is
3 arc second level 1, hence the reason for my spacing of 90 meters. If I
increase the -v option scaling factor from 0.1 to 50, the terrain height
shows up but it is totally uncorrelated with the texture.

If anyone has any input on what I'm doing wrong or missing, it would be most
appreciated if you could point it out.

-Shayne