Shayne,
osgdem adopts the coordinate reference system of the first input that you
provide. So if your input is (for example) WGS84, and you are not building a
geocentric database,I believe the terrain will be in a flat Plate Carre
projection (X=Long, Y=Lat) with the origin at lat=0, long=0. If you are
using --geocentric, the origin will be at the center of the earth.

Glenn

Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com : 703-652-4791