On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Tueller, Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519
SMXS/MXDEC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the input. So is the WGS84 the default setting for osgdem? For
> more clarification, this is what I'm using to build my database.
>
> osgdem --TERRAIN --PagedLOD -t texture/w113 -d dted/w113 -t texture/w114 -d
> dted/w114 -l 4 -o myterrain/myterrain.ive

There's no "default setting", it adopts the coordinate reference system of
your first input, "texture/w113" in your case.

> The texture/w113 and dted/w113 directories contain the geo-referenced
> GeoTiff texture and corresponding DTED files to match. The same goes for
> the
> other directories. My resulting archive file contains a mosaic of terrain
> spanning from w114 n33 to w112 n40.
>
> When I view the terrain and an airplane model using osgViewer, the model
> appears centered at the origin and the terrain is way off in the distance.
> want to move the model so that it is over the terrain. In order to do that,
> I need to know where the terrain is relative to the origin.

Your terrain is centered at (0,0,0) but you only created geometry at
(-113,33,0). That is why the terrain is off in the distance.

> So, given the information above, is the terrain origin at lat = 0, lon = 0?
> If so, does OSG support a lat/long to x/y conversion?

ASSUMING your source data is geographic (e.g. WGS84) then you have a Plate
Carre projection and the conversion is simply: X=Lon, Y=Lat. If it is not
geographic, then you will have to use a library like PROJ.4 to reproject it.

Glenn

--
Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com : 703-652-4791