Hi Johan,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Johan Nouvel
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bingo ! I've modified Geometry.cpp to print out vertices before and after
> modification by osg::Field::getFloat and the result is a troncation of the
> float, only integer part is interpreted. You're right.
>
> What is the complexity of coding custom atof ?

It's not too complex, there is already some code in osgDB that
verifies floats fields as part of .osg parsing.  This code could
probably be adapted.  It's just another tasks on that requires some
time, and I'm rather overstretched.  Others are welcome to dive in a
code a solution.

> Is the hypothesis that '.' is a separator ? It means also controling osg
> output to write a '.' instead of ','.
> Or do you prefer that osg file can be with a ',' or a '.' as integer/decimal
> separator ?

If we don't control the output and input to be just be '.' then we'd
need to store the local along with the .osg file itself.  I'd be
inclined to standardise on . as the decimal place as this is the
standard throughout most of the world.

> In first, I will see how to force QT local to C.
> But if I it is not to heavy to do custom atof, I'll try to do it as I think
> this way is better.

We might have to look at writing and well as read.  Setting the local
would need to be done before any write to .osg or read from .osg.