Shayne,
Are all of your UTM projected tiles within a single UTM zone?

Stephen Haithcock
General Dynamics Land Systems
38500 Mound Rd.
Sterling Heights, MI 48310
MZ 436-40-15
(586) 825-8573

             "Tueller,  Shayne
             R Civ USAF AFMC
             519 SMXS/MXDEC"                                            To
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         <osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
             ILL.af.mil>               >
             osg-users-bounces
             @lists.opensceneg                                     Subject
             raph.org                  [osg-users] osgdem and UTM terrain
                                       tiles...

             08/06/2008 06:31
             PM

             Please respond to
              OpenSceneGraph
                   Users
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             openscenegraph.or
                    g>

Using the GDAL tools, I’ve built a mosaic of terrain tiles that I’m
stitching together using osgdem to create a terrain database. Each terrain
tile uses a UTM mapping that is reprojected from a lat/long mapping.
Unfortunately when I do the reprojection for each tile, the terrain tile
gets slightly shifted so that when I stitch them all together using osgdem,
I have discontinuities at each tile boundary in the finished terrain
database.

My question is, is there a way to avoid this nasty artifact using either
GDAL or osgdem? Perhaps I need to resort to another tool to massage the
data before handing it over to osgdem?

Thanks for any input in advance…
-Shayne(See attached file: smime.p7s)

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended
recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one
else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its
attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message
to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer.
Your cooperation is appreciated.