Alexander Löffler wrote:
I am experiencing very frequent segfaults in OSG'S rendering thread when working with osgText::Text objects. The problem always appears in State::applyTextureAttributes(), but at different positions in there. Most of the time in StateAttribute::getTypeMemberPair(), though, an exemplary backtrace for this is attached.

The crash happens when changing text attributes, like color and size, but also when manipulating higher-level objects in the scene graph (setting NodeMasks of subgraphs containing the Text, etc.).

Has anyone experienced similar behavior before? It always seems to be connected to updates of textures, especially when having overlapping textures like Text on top of an image texture.

Could this also be somehow related to third party libraries like Freetype?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Alex.

BTW, I am working with OSG 2.6.0 under Linux (SUSE, GCC 4.2.1) and an nVidia GeForce 8400.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the segfaults happen only when running the osgViewer displaying my scene in any of the multithreaded modes. When switching the TreadingModel to SingleThreaded, none of the errors occur anymore.

Thanks again,
Alex.