Hi David,

David Spilling wrote:
There was a whole load of message traffic on this topic a while ago. From
what I remember, the upshot was that the freetype library wasn't thread
safe. I don't know whether it all got finally resolved or not; my advice
would be to check the archives.

thanks for your quick answer. I saw these threads:

http://www.mail-archive.com/osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org/msg01489.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org/msg05841.html

Both sounded quite "resolved" to me in the end (but maybe the the original authors can veto on that). I also ran the multithreaded example mentioned (osgtext --mt) with 5 threads and more without a crash or even the slightest problem. That is why I thought those problems would not apply anymore. Also, the posts are up to a year old and text seems to me being something that many people need. Also in a multithreaded application. :)

Anyways, my problems are quite similar; so it is probable the crashes are somehow freetype's fault. Can somebody say something about the status of multithreaded text in the current OSG?

Alex.