Bob Balfour wrote:
I've used RivaTuner to monitor video memory usage on WinXP, but it
doesn't do it on Vista (it says due to Vista's virtualization of video
memory?).  Does anyone know of a way to monitor video memory usage on
WinVista?  I have a very "choppy" scene (using quad-core HP, 2 Nvidia
GTX8800, Vista, multi-thread OSG2.4-based app), and I suspect its due to
texture overload.  Whatever Vista is "virtualizing" didn't seem to help!

You probably need something like gDEBugger that can talk to the video card's performance counters directly. Unfortunately, it isn't free, but you can get a free 30-day trial to see if it works for what you're trying to do.

--"J"