Hi Paul,

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Paul Martz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Robert -- Prior to the 2.2 release, code was added to serialize the draw
> dispatch. Is there a reason that this behavior defaults to ON? (See
> DisplaySettings.cpp line 135.) I have somehow incorrectly documented this as
> defaulting to OFF in the ref man. Now that I see it's ON by default, I half
> wonder if this is a bug. Wanted to check with you: should I change the
> documentation, or the code? Which is right?

The settings has been ON since I introduced the option to serialize
the draw dispatch.

Just before the 2.6 release I did testing at my end and still found
serializing the draw dispatch to be far more effiecent on my
Linux/NVidia drivers so I left the option on.

In the original thread when I introduced the optional draw mutex into
the draw dispatch I did call for testing on the performance impact but
I didn't get sufficient feedback to make a more informed decision than
just basing it on my own testing.  I would still appreciate more
testing, as I'd expect that best default setting to vary on different
hardware and drivers - I for one would love to see better scalability
in driver/hardware.