Robert Osfield wrote:
Hi Ben,

The stack trace suggests a problems with pbuffers, which could well be
a GLX/OpenGL driver bug.  What hardware and OpenGL drivers are you
working with?

Hardware: Intel Integrated Graphics G965
Driver:   The Intel graphics driver (intelfb.ko)
OS Kernel: Linux 2.6.24, if this matters.

Could you try :

    osgprerender cow.osg --pbuffer.

This results in segmentation fault. Even without the --pbuffer option it results in segmentation fault.

So yes sorry for bothering you much Rob. It is not a osgdem bug. However, it will be great if you can suggest a workaround or solution.

As for compiling from source it should just be a case of :

    cd OpenSceneGraph
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install

The paths to the plugins should just work automatically.  If you don't
install in standard system directory then you'd need to use
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the point to the parent directory of the plugins
directory.

VPB 1.0 will be released against OSG-2.8, which obviously isn't out
yet... perhaps by end of October it'll be ready.  Prior to that VPB
0.9.9+ and the 1.0 pre releases will map to OSG-2.7.x dev releases.

Robert.