Hi Brett,

As expected, the visitor goes and changes the names of all the referenced files. Then the top level file is written out. The proxy nodes try to write themselves out but since the files they reference ("referencedFile.eive") doesn't exist, nothing is written out.

I don't quite know what options you have then. In the case of ProxyNodes and PagedLOD nodes, you might have to force reading of the whole file before you can write it out again anyways... But that may exceed the memory in your system (the reason why you use those nodes in the first place, most of the time...).

You could catch that error, read the file yourself (original ive extension), write it out to eive, and then re-write the parent file. (recursively) That's so ugly I'm almost ashamed I thought of it...

I still don't get why Robert tells you it should work fine, and you say it doesn't. Sure, there are any number of things that may go wrong, but it should be easier than that.

Sorry I can't help more,

J-S