  From: Adrian Egli OpenSceneGraph (3D)
  To: OpenSceneGraph Users
  Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 11:40 AM
  Subject: [osg-users] Lispsm / PSSM merge ?

  Hi all

  The osgShadow lib becomes a really nice shadow toolkit, thanks all to work
out on different shadow technics. As we all understand is that the PSSM would
be one of the most
  robust shadowing technic for large terrain, now we should be able to merge
the lispsm with the pssm idea:

  would it be possible to add one feature to lispsm:

  start shadow at near plane and stop shadow at far plane, then we will need a
combiner of the lispsm shadow, then we gets pssm idea back. would this be
possible to do, or do we need to rewrite the whole pssm stuff?

  would it be possible to add some filter into the GLSL shader code for
shadows: pcf ... ?

  adrian

  Adrian Egli