Hey folks! Wanted to solicit some advice, if that's cool. :)

If you take a look at the osgPango site and browse to the bottom, there
is a video demonstrating usage with osgPango (a font/text library I'm
working on before diving back into osgWidget) and AnimTK (an animation
library by Cedric Pinson).

A link to the video is here:

http://the-bob.org/~jlmoles/osgPango/osgPango-animtk.wmv

At any rate, my question is this: in that video, we're using AnimTK to
adjust the positions of the quads to simulate the pulses they make.
However, as you can see, there are strange black artifacts around the
glyphs when viewed from the front, and I was wondering if anyone had any
advice as to what is causing this or if it's even avoidable at all. Some
key things:

        - This is a single osg::Geometry object; I'm pretty sure
        I could make each glyph a separate object and achieve the
        desired effect. However, it would be entirely too slow.

        - The quads themselves are multi-textured GL_ALPHA images
        using a complex osg::TexEnv object. I disabled this, but
        it didn't seem to make any difference.

        - For this particular test, I made sure each quad had
        a descending Z value.

I feel pretty sure this has something to do with the draw order of the
Geometry, but I'm not entirely sure that it is something I can avoid
given my constraints and usage.

Has anyone seen something like this before? Any tips or advice?