Hi,

I am trying to display on-screen statistics as provided by the
osgViewer::StatsHandler without the need for doing this via handling the key
presses first. That is, I want to add a command line options to my application
to either display statistics just as frame rate, full stats, or not at all.

Is there an easy way to do that with the available StatsHandler? I tried
subclassing from the handler with the option to set the StatsType initially.
Currently without success, as there seem to be lots of dependencies of what
parts of OSG have to be set up before collecting of stats is actually possible.
For example, some cameras seem not yet to be set up when I instantiate my
handler, collecting GPU stats is disabled in my HUD, etc..

Has anyone ever done something similar before?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Alex.