On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Robert Osfield
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 6:45 PM, Csaba Halász <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Csaba Halász <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> The threading is set like so:
>>> viewer = new osgViewer::Viewer;
>>> viewer->setThreadingModel(osgViewer::Viewer::CullThreadPerCameraDrawThreadPerContext);
>>
>> And that's exactly the problem ... setting the threading mode before
>> the viewer is realized does not start threading.
>> I added an explicit call to startThreading() later, and get the printouts
>> now :)
>
> This sounds like a bug in osgViewer, it shouldn't matter which order
> your set the threading model.

Hmm, upon closer look Viewer::realize() does call setUpThreading()
which in turn calls startThreading().
Gotta do some debugging why it doesn't work for me.

> Has the stats graph changed at all?

Yes, I now have overlapping bars. Unfortunately our code is doing
something from the wrong thread, so
CullThreadPerCameraDrawThreadPerContext doesn't work yet and even
CullDrawThreadPerContext crashes after some time. But these problems
are likely our fault.

--
Csaba