On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Csaba Halász <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Robert Osfield
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> This sounds like a bug in osgViewer, it shouldn't matter which order
>> your set the threading model.
>
> Hmm, upon closer look Viewer::realize() does call setUpThreading()
> which in turn calls startThreading().
> Gotta do some debugging why it doesn't work for me.

Got it:

int ViewerBase::run()
{
    if (!isRealized())
    {
        realize();
    }

But the isRealized() function doesn't really say if realize() has been
called or not, it just checks if *any* of the gc's are realized. Our
code happened to call realize on the gc, so the viewer's realize()
never got called. Depending on whether it is allowed to realize gc's
manually it is either a bug or not :)

--
Csaba