Hi,

That's what I do to make things transparent. I would apply the setting to
where I apply material of course. I'm not much experienced with materials.
There is a common sense that one needs a material to set transparency. But I
think it's a common misunderstanding. Choosing the opaque or transparent bin
is another issue. You get transparency in both cases; but, if there are more
than one transparent face groups intersecting the same line of sight, you
need to choose the opaque or transparent for the desired effect. I think
somebody with more experience should tell us the theoretical difference
between rendering bins.