I appreciate the OSG community plugging my OpenGL Distilled whenever this
subject comes up. Thanks!

Bob Kuehne, also in the OSG community, co-authored the recently-released
OpenGL on Mac OSX. I was a technical reviewer for that book, and as a recent
Mac convert, I can state that it contains useful and valuable information.

Prior to the first release of the red and blue books back in 1994, I had
already read the OpenGL spec forwards and backwards, and didn't really see
much value in the red and blue books. However, it's clear to me now that
they are much more readable than the spec, and contain much additional info
not included in the spec. So, while you can still learn OpenGL from the spec
alone, which is free to download as a PDF, you'll probably get much more use
out of a more traditional OpenGL book.

By the way, the OpenGL man pages (essentially the contents of the blue book)
are available online at opengl.org.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com <http://www.skew-matrix.com/>