I think it's right in the middle of moving from Xcode based projects to
cmake build system, which currently generates dylibs instead of frameworks
(I may not be up to date, checked a couple of weeks ago, moving target).
Once you get a successful build in cmake, with proper build flags, you
shouldn't have much surprise on the mac.
Raphael