Hi Folks,

We have an .ive PagedLOD database that is high resolution in both
textures and poly's.  Understandably in certain situations we are able
to clobber both the memory on the machine and GPU memory when the pager
tries to page in more data then is possible to hold.  The result is that
the database pager thread dies and does not deallocate the memory it was
holding onto.

We have played with a couple settings such as:

* Hoping this forces immediate deletion.
    databasePager->setExpiryDelay( 0.0 );

* Not sure if this helps.
    databasePager->setDoPreCompile( true );

And we have played with the LOD scale but we still have some issues.

Is it possible to detect the death of the paging thread, and if so, can
we flush the nodes it was holding onto and restart it?

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

-Brad

---
Brad Colbert
Renaissance Sciences Corporation