Can T. Oguz wrote:
Dear OSG Users,
May I Ask which linux distribution and development environment you chose to work on ?

Red Hat Enterprise 5 Linux at work Fedora 9 at home. I use Windows when I'm forced to, but I still do the development on Linux.

Vi for editing (including on Windows), SCons for building. Xxdiff is a great graphical diff tool. Winmerge is the closest thing I've found on Windows.

I agree with Robert on the raw productivity that the good old fashioned command line can give you. Most of the time IDE's just get in my way. I used to use Visual Studio when I had to build stuff on Windows, but now SCons lets me avoid that.

--"J"