>> Well, this can easily happen with mails, since we often write quite quickly
>> (or well, at least *I* do answer often quickly, and I suppose that's the
>> same for many!)...
>
> That and we're missing some vital information to be able to ascertain
> someone's tone (facial expressions, voice level, etc.) :-)

You're right! From now, I'll fill my mails with plenty of stupid smileys and
typos, as if I was a 14 years old analphabet chatting on intant messaging while
listening to Crazy Frog:
"kikoo lol put1 tro mdr le keum lol lol lol looool :) :) :) :) :) =) XD

(Note: I you don't understand french... well you miss nothing)

A last one: :D

Sukender