Hi JS,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Jean-Sébastien Guay
<jean-sebastien.g...@cm-labs.com> wrote:
> I might try submitting the modified example to nvidia to see if they can
> confirm a bug. By coincidence, I just recently read their developer FAQ, and
> they say they generally don't need the source, just a sample application
> they can run to replicate the problem (I guess they run debug drivers and
> can trace through what the driver is doing).
>
> http://developer.nvidia.com/object/General_FAQ.html#G1
> __________________________________
>
> If the reference rasterizer results differ from the HAL results, then please
> get in touch with us. We will fix the problem as soon as possible. However,
> we will need the following information:
>    * Operating system
>    * Driver version
>    * Graphics card
>    * A sample application that clearly demonstrates the problem. We do
>      not need source in general, and we are happy with reasonable
>      complex apps (i.e., no need to narrow the problem down as long as
>      the problem is clearly demonstrated). What is most important is
>      that the problem is easy to reproduce, and that the application is
>      self-contained. An application that goes straight to the problem
>      is best (i.e., a "single-click" application that doesn't require
>      navigation to get to the problem).
> __________________________________

One could try just automatically add the views one by one to see if
you it can be reproduces without any user interaction.

> Hmmm, I'll have to look around for information on swap groups. But won't my
> cull/draw performance be lower in SingleThreaded for large scenes, since OSG
> won't overlap the cull of frame n-1 with the draw of frame n?

One could still do multi-threaded if one shared a single
GraphicsThread between the various graphics contexts.  This isn't
supported by the viewer's threading setup right now but the underlying
classes can handle it.

The other way to do tackle this type of usage model would be to have
all the cameras share a single GraphicsWindow and have the OSG manage
the various views.  This is likely to produce the best performance and
scalability, having all these separate graphics contexts really isn't
good for the driver or the graphics hardware.