Hi Robert,

The other way to do tackle this type of usage model would be to have
all the cameras share a single GraphicsWindow and have the OSG manage
the various views.  This is likely to produce the best performance and
scalability, having all these separate graphics contexts really isn't
good for the driver or the graphics hardware.

I don't think that would work. We're using Qt as our GUI toolkit, and as far as I know we need a unique HWND for each view in order to attach that to a Qt widget. The goal is to be able to create new views at runtime, and preferably to have little limitations to the number of views the user can create.

Think of a modeling application where the user can split and arrange their graphics window any way they like, and also create new graphics windows to place on other monitors and split them as well. Each view needs a unique HWND because they're all Qt widgets - the splits are managed by Qt instead of OSG.

Thanks,

J-S