Hi Gordon,

(sorry, sent before I had finished typing...)

No Lighting = No Material

Hmmm, and any way to make it so that lighting has no effect (even though it's on) for a given object? I thought about putting a 1x1 texture with in GL_DECAL mode, but then I would need a texture for each color I want in my models (since it would even override the material color) right?

What I'm getting at is I'm very flexible as to how I get the color onto my model, as long as it isn't through the vertex colors since that overrides the scribe/outline effect's color.

You probably could do this with in a shader but you would have to replicate the
full fixed pipeline calculation of lighting,materials, textures , fogs etc (
which you have to do anyway  )

I already have shaders for most of the fixed pipeline (what I need) but these can be disabled by the user, and whatever I'm trying to display would need to look the same both with shaders on and off... So I need a solution that works for the fixed pipeline too.

I'll try to think about another way...

J-S