A lot of the imagery data we use is in ENVI's native format. GDAL does
support it and it has worked in previous versions of Virtual Planet
Builder. It now fails with the current SVN head (953) because the data
doesn't use a filename extension.  Typically the ENVI format is composed
of two files (sample.hdr and sample, for example).  One file has the
projection and image info, the other is just the raw data.  All the gdal
commands want the file without the extension as the argument.
Previously, this was not an issue with VPB, but the new method of
checking filename extensions on input files is causing problems.  Since
there is no extension to add to VPB's list, may I suggest a flag for VPB
to tell it not to do the filename extensions checking?

Ken.