Hi Robert,

Anyone any ideas
about what platforms this Unknown are likely to be?

Well, some people disable the sending of OS information by their browser, so it's possible that a number of those actually would fall into the other categories (Linux, Windows etc.)

Perhaps this strong showing of non windows OS's and non IE browsers in
the graphics community might be useful in helping win over clients
that go demanding MS specific solutions.  The tide has turned.

I find your wording funny... All dramatic and foreboding. 60% is still huge. And keep in mind that's just visits to the web site... I don't think we can have a direct correlation between website visits and OSG usage. It would be a pretty big extrapolation.

And the browser stats mean nothing since Firefox, Opera and others run on Windows, Linux, etc. I know many people who avoid IE like the plague, even though they run Windows. I use Firefox just because I like it more and I try to use Open Source software wherever I can.

You're being pretty extremist in this whole thing. You have to understand that people can use Windows for many reasons, not only technical ones, and it's not because someone uses Windows that they're necessarily buying into MS's "propaganda". It's not as clear-cut as that. IMHO, Windows is just another tool, it's superior in some respects and inferior in others, and people will choose to use it or not (sometimes for the wrong reasons, but in general you don't know those reasons so you can't make a judgement on them...) and there's nothing you or I can do about that.

J-S