Hi John,

I'm afraid it's kinda difficult for me to help debug this remotely.
Changing the new of our FindFreeType.cmake so it's more distinct i.e.
something like FindOurFreeType.cmake might be sensible, or perhaps just
removing our local one completely so you can then rely upon the one in
Cmake.

Another thing to try would be adding the MESSAGE(..) macro into our
FindFreeType.cmake to track which variables are being set to what and which
script branches are being taken.  This might provide some clues to why
FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIRS is not being defined.  Another change would be the
freetype plugins CMakeList.txt so that it uses the individual include
directories rather than FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIRS.

Robert.