Hi Fabian,

You don't ever need to install apps into system directories, you can install
then into a local bin + lib directories and just use env vars to point to
the local directories, you can tell cmake you own custom path.  For my own
dev work I actually set PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to my OSG and VPB lib and
bin directories, this way I never need to do an install.

Robert.