2009/3/25 Robert Osfield <robert.osfi...@gmail.com>

> Hi Glenn, Philip et. al,
>
> 2009/3/25 Glenn Waldron <gwald...@gmail.com>
>
>> PAC requires javascript right?  You could make it so the curl plugin
>>> optionally depends upon a javascript engine and if it's there it solves for
>>> the proper proxy to use.
>>>

>> That would be the idea, yes. In particular I was looking at pacparser
>> (http://code2009/3/24
>> Philip Lowman < <http://code.google.com/p/pacparser>phi...@yhbt.com>
>>

> I really don't know anything about this particular topic, neither much
> about proxies or java script... but a few thoughts about the possible
> integration side.
>
> First up I'd suggest that if possible one should decouple the extra java
> script based proxy support from the plugin as we don't want a simple plugin
> with modest dependencies becoming burden with optional dependencies, as it'd
> mean that the plugin behaves differently in different builds.   Might it be
> possible to decouple the Java script/PAC support completely.  Perhaps via
> another plugin?  Perhaps via Registry::ReadFileCallback?  Or at the
> application level?

That's an idea -- make a ".js" plugin that loads a javascript file and runs
a function. We could pass in params using the plugin options, and use
readObject() to return ... not sure what. Then the CURL plugin could detect
a PAC file and read it w/ the JS plugin. Anyway I like the idea of a JS
plugin but it's not clear what the interface would look like.

Glenn