From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Robert Osfield
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 2:52 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Compressed texture

HI Yefei,

The OSG has support for removing duplicate state on an already loaded scene
graph, but at present there isn't any support in the .ive format for pooling
imagery/texture between sets of .ive files.  The later feature would be very
useful though... so please feel free to dive in and implement it :-)

The next question is... how would one go about it.  Perhaps a custom state pool
Node that does nothing more than hold a map of names/ID to StateAttribute.
Then you could save this node out to it's own .ive file, then each of the other
.ive files could include this StatePool node as an external file reference.
Then use the Registry cache to make sure that each of the separate .ive then
reuse the same StatePool.  Finally the .ive plugin would need to have some
kinda of ID system to pull the apprpriate attribute from the current
StatePool(s).