Von: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] Im Auftrag von Paul Martz
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. April 2009 22:30
An: 'OpenSceneGraph Users'
Betreff: Re: [osg-users] Modifying SG based on viewpoint location

Yeah, what does "modify" mean, that's the question.

I have a client who is modifying the scene graph in a number of ways during
the cull traversal and is therefore only able to run SingleThreaded. I'm
still digging in to find out exactly what it is they are doing that isn't
thread safe (even the client isn't exactly sure, or isn't able to spell it
out precisely for some reason), but it seems to be some type of
viewpoint-dependent LOD-like modification.

In the meantime, I wanted to poll the community for thread-safe
alternatives. So I want to thank all that have replied, especially Robert
for telling me how those OSG classes handle this requirement.

At some point, I'll summarize all this into some kind of document or
posting, so that people don't go down the non-thread safe path in the
future.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com