Unless I'm misunderstanding there are already two ways to integrate osg with Qt
(QOSGWidget and adapterWidget - plus a few composite versions)

The osgviewerQT example is a little artificial to avoid the moc step. which is
what I thought the OP was asking about.

It would be nice to integrate the Qt widgets into QOSGWidget so that you can
have Qt controls drawn (eg with transparency) onto the OSG view - as described
here
http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2008/06/27/accelerate-your-widgets-with-opengl/
I was taking a look at it but more important stuff came up ;-(

It does seem that doing everything in OpenGL is part of the Qt future strategy
- which can only be good for OSG.

Cheers,
Martin Beckett