Well apparently I did achieve to set up my application with 2 slave camera,
but there is one last problem, I'm using a shader for my sky sphere wich
isn't working when using 2 slave cameras, has anyone already had trouble
with shaders and slave camera ?

2009/5/15 Jean-Sébastien Guay <jean-sebastien.g...@cm-labs.com>

> Hi Alexandre,
>
>  In my resize implementation I directly update the projection matrix from
>> the slave camera and I don't update the _projectionOffset wich for me is
>> useless.
>>

> Why don't you update the projection matrix of the master camera? If both
> slave cameras render to the same GraphicsContext (i.e. are in the same
> window) then it's the right thing to do. You shouldn't touch the slave
> cameras' projection matrices, only the master camera's projection matrix and
> the slave cameras' projection offsets.
>
>  I still think that future osg version should correct the default
>> resizeimplementation because this behaviour seems very strange to me, maybe
>> am I the only one to think so ;-)
>>

> Well if you mean that it doesn't do the right thing when you have one
> master camera and one slave camera, both with graphics contexts, then you're
> right, but that's expected because it's not a valid use case. You should use
> a master camera with no graphics context, and two slave cameras with
> graphics contexts (perhaps the same one). See the code for
> osgViewer::View::setUpViewOnAllScreens() for an example of this.
>
> Perhaps a test could be added to catch that kind of utilization and warn
> the user that their view's camera setup is invalid.

> camera which in this case is only there to represent the viewer's position.
> So that's what the CameraManipulator acts upon, but it has no
> GraphicsContext so it doesn't render anything by itself. And then you have
> two slave cameras which have viewpoints and projections offset from the
> master camera, and which do the actual rendering, hence they have
> GraphicsContexts.
>
> Hope this helps,
>

> J-S
> --

Alexandre AMALRIC                   Ingénieur R&D