2009/5/19 Ulrich Hertlein <u.hertl...@sandbox.de>:
> Hi Cory,
>
> On 18/5/09 8:43 PM, Cory Riddell wrote:
>>
>> changes. I don't know what the correct parametric equation for moving a
>> camera between two points on the surface of a sphere is. I changed my
>> code to move the camera along a chord from point A to point B and that
>> seems to work just fine.
>>
>> Any idea what the parametric equation for the arc connecting to points
>> on a sphere is?

The rotation axis is the cross product of the two vectors from A and B
to the center of the sphere.

You need to take special care when A & B are almost perpendicular though...

In that case you'll just have to chose an up vector and take the cross
product of with A or B and that, because you get a zero vector.

--
http://www.ssTk.co.uk