HI Mathias,

2009/6/4 Mathias Fröhlich <m.froehl...@science-computing.de>:

> Hi Melchior,
>
> On Thursday 04 June 2009, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> [...]
>
> May be we need to track these up/down event pairs in *flightgear*.
> ... if an application needs these synthetic events, exactly this application
> should synthesize these events?
> You cannot expect that this special usage pattern of one application matches
> the pattern of all other applications ...

I think part of the problem is we currently have a bit of half way
house on the OSG side.  It's returning key events in their modified
state, but only issuing events when the unmodified key is
pressed/released.

The current state of affairs makes it difficult to do the tracking on
the client side.  If we add support for passing back the unmodified
key codes in the events then one could start to think about doing the
matching on the client side.