Ulrich Hertlein wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On 4/6/09 7:24 PM, John Kelso wrote:
>> After downloading 2.8.1 and typing cmake, I got this error:
>>
>> "The end of a CMakeLists file was reached with an IF statement that
>> was not
>> closed properly. Within the directory:
>> /usr/local/HEV-beta/apps/osg/osg-2.8.1/OpenSceneGraph/applications/osgversion
>>

>> The arguments are: OSG_MAINTAINER"
>>
>> Are all bets off from this point, or can this be safely ignored?
>>
>> I plowed ahead anyway and the make died a horrible death. Before I waste
>> time figuring out why, I'm wondering if I could get some advice about
>> the
>> relevance and importance of the cmake message.
>
> You're probably using a version of cmake that is too old (maybe 2.4?)
The toplevel CMakeLists.txt contains

IF(WIN32)
    CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.4.6 FATAL_ERROR)
ELSE(WIN32)
    IF(APPLE)
        CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.6.0 FATAL_ERROR)
    ELSE(APPLE)
        CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.4.0 FATAL_ERROR)
    ENDIF(APPLE)
ENDIF(WIN32)

so either these checks are not strict enough and your version of CMake
is screwing up, or something else is going on.
What version of CMake do you use?

Paul