Robert,

Thank you for the suggestions. I didn't see a big difference in the OSG files, but I did find the cause: operator error. In the script that runs the 2.8-1 application, we were enabling two-sided lighting.

So, now my question is: how do I fix transparency when two-sided lighting is enabled for a scene? I think we're lucky in that the models we have that require two-sided lighting aren't the same ones that have transparent objects. But it would be nice to understand the phenomenon.

-Todd

Robert Osfield wrote:
Hi Todd,

I can't say why your are having problems with transparency in 2.8.1 vs
2.4, as depth sorted/transparent bin hasn't changed between these
versions.  Perhaps a subtle difference in the loader has caused the
difference, or perhaps there is something undefined in your data that
the two versions behavior differently with.    It's a bit of a case of
hunting for a needle in a hay stack so you'll need to try and isolate
the different possibilities.

Try converting your data to .osg and see if the two different versions
behave differently with this, even bettern convert the .ive to .osg
using 2.4, then do the same with 2.8.1 and then have a look at the
differences, if they are effectively the same then go have a look .osg
file to make sure that the objects that you think are transparent are
correctly assigned, and also check to see if all the geometries have
vertex, normal and colour arrays as required by the state setup in
your scene graph.

Robert.