I'm not sure if this is related to the "transparency problem" thread, so I thought I'd start a new one.

We have an osgUtil::SceneView - based application that uses VR Juggler for rendering on a visualization cluster. Our previous version was built with OSG 2.4, and now we are using OSG 2.8.1.

We also have a set of IVE files created in OSG 2.4. Transparent objects (non-textured) were placed in the transparent bin on conversion to IVE, and those objects render fine the OSG 2.4 version of our application. In the OSG 2.8.1 version of the application, we are getting mixed results: Sometimes transparency is OK, but other times the transparent objects appear opaque. Sometimes, different nodes of the cluster will render geometry opaque while others render it transparent.

Is this related to depth sorting? What has changed between OSG versions that might cause this? And can I correct it easily to get transparent objects working again?

Thanks,
Todd