Hi,

I should probably have used .ive file. I didn't consider such possibility ver
carefully when I started. There is an other fellow doing exactly that for
OpenSG, except for OpenSG use XML file format which I think is really
cumbersome.

One reason for the intermediate binary format is that it embeds texture files
as opposed to a reference to the files. For our team, we have all the artists
doing their modeling job on separate computers and it's just easier for us to
pack the whole scene into just one file and send to the programmers. And it
seems maya support sound for animation, so the sound would be saved in the
intermediate file format too.

I don't know how introspection works in OSG. If I create a new class in Maya's
exporter and pack it into .ive file. Can it be read correctly in OSG?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Rabbi