Danny Lesnik wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use intersect for primitive collision detection. I load one 3DS file into my scene and test whether this object has any intersections. The problem is following: Although ,there is only one object in my scene, I can clearly see that this object intersects with something.
Now that I reread your post I'm wondering if you misunderstand the LineSegmentIntersector, which has nothing to do with collision detection, per se. The LineSegmentIntersector does not test objects against each other, it tests if the line segment you specify intersects any of the polygons in the model you test against. And as you are shooting the line straight through the center of your model's bounding sphere you are very likely to get intersections.

Paul