Hi Alessandro,

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Alessandro Terenzi
<a.tere...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) if I put the plugins in osgPlugins-2.9.6, then the loading of
> osgdb_osg.dll fails, don't know why...

Have you tried to set OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL to DEBUG_INFO to check the
paths the OSG tries before it gives up ?

> 2) if I put the plugins in the same dir of osgviewer.exe, then loading of
> osgdb_osg.dll is fine, but loading freetype and JPG plugins fails (but for
> example RGB plugin is ok too). Regarding this case, looking at the generated
> 'manifests', I suspect that the problem could be in the different versions
> used by what I build (CRT's minor number 4053) and 3rd parties binaries
> (CRT's minor number 762)...

You might try to:
- install the redistributables for visual c++ 2005 SP1 on the deployment machine
- use the dependency walker tool on the target machine and open the
osgdb_png.dll and osgdb_freetype.dll files. Check if there are any
unresolved dependencies there.
- install other redistributables as well, if somehow the 3rd party
package references more than a single CRT, e.g. vs80, vs90, vs90 SP1.

The RGB plugin works since it has no external dependency. Other
plugins with pure C dependencies will work as well. The problem is
always with the extra c++ DLLs required by c++ DLLs you did not build
by yourself.

Hope you manage to get it running without having to recompile your
dependencies by yourself - which is time consuming but quite less
frustrating w.r.t the problems you have.

Thibault