From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Angus
Lau
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 6:03 PM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: Re: [osg-users] How should I organize the scene graph to handle
2million points and lines?

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions! I think the scribe effect is probably
what I want for selection.

You mentioned something about unreferencing data on the CPU side once it
is uploaded. I am quite interested in this. Could you please give me
more details?

Honestly speaking, the 2 million points and lines are probably not the
largest dataset I will encounter. During the last few days, I discovered
that my viewer probably has an acceptable performance, but the large
amount of memory that it uses is probably the main issue I need to deal
with. If there are some ways that can reduce the size of the scene graph
or cache inactive part of the scene graph on disk, I would like to give
them a try.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Angus