I Haven't fixed my issues yet so here comes some more info. This is
what I get when listing dependencies using otool. I have massaged the
libs extensivly using install_name_tool...

[fi...@mpq]:[~/Documents/Code/OSGTests/Build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/BasicApp-1.0.0-Darwin/BasicApp.app/Contents/MacOS]$
otool -L BasicApp
BasicApp:
        @loader_path/libosgDB.61.dylib (compatibility version 61.0.0,
current version 2.9.6)
        @loader_path/libosgUtil.61.dylib (compatibility version
61.0.0, current version 2.9.6)
        @loader_path/libosgGA.61.dylib (compatibility version 61.0.0,
current version 2.9.6)
        @loader_path/libosgText.61.dylib (compatibility version
61.0.0, current version 2.9.6)
        @loader_path/libosgViewer.61.dylib (compatibility version
61.0.0, current version 2.9.6)
        @loader_path/libosg.61.dylib (compatibility version 61.0.0,
current version 2.9.6)
        @loader_path/libOpenThreads.11.dylib (compatibility version
11.0.0, current version 2.4.0)
        /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0,
current version 7.9.0)
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 123.0.0)
[fi...@mpq]:[~/Documents/Code/OSGTests/Build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/BasicApp-1.0.0-Darwin/BasicApp.app/Contents/MacOS]$
otool -L libOpenThreads.11.dylib
libOpenThreads.11.dylib:
        @loader_path/libOpenThreads.11.dylib (compatibility version
11.0.0, current version 2.4.0)
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 111.1.4)
        /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0,
current version 7.4.0)
        /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 1.0.0)
[fi...@mpq]:[~/Documents/Code/OSGTests/
Build/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/BasicApp-1.0.0-Darwin/BasicApp.app/Contents/MacOS]$
otool -L ../PlugIns/osgPlugins-2.9.6/osgdb_obj.so
../PlugIns/osgPlugins-2.9.6/osgdb_obj.so:
        @loader_path/libOpenThreads.11.dylib (compatibility version
11.0.0, current version 2.4.0)
        @loader_path/libosg.61.dylib (compatibility version 61.0.0,
current version 2.9.6)
        @loader_path/libosgDB.61.dylib (compatibility version 61.0.0,
current version 2.9.6)
        @loader_path/libosgUtil.61.dylib (compatibility version
61.0.0, current version 2.9.6)
        /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon
(compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 136.0.0)
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 111.1.4)
        /System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Versions/A/AGL
(compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
        /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
(compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
        /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0,
current version 7.4.0)
        /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 1.0.0)

And the output from the failing loading of the plugin is a before (in
first post). Any ideas ?
/F

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Filip Wänström
<filip.wanst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the answer but I am using CMake/regular makefiles to do
> all my building and using the "OSX Ingest into bundle" script that
> comes with osg. I just presumed it did all magic but maybe I should
> check out the actual paths in the libs. I'll be back with a report.
> /Filip
>
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Stephan Maximilian Huber
> <ratzf...@digitalmind.de> wrote:
>> Hi Filip,
>>
>> check your system.log-file -- I am pretty sure the osgdb_obj pluging
>> refers to the osg-dylibs in /usr/lib or similar.
>>
>> You'll have to massage the paths to the libs stored in the plugin via
>> install_name_tool in a post-build-step.
>>
>> Paths to libs are hardcoded in the object-file when linked. You can
>> change them to something better suited like @loader_path.../pipapo. Try
>> googling for install_name_tool and @loader_path to get an idea.
>>
>> If you are using the deprecated XCode-project and embed the osg
>> frameworks into your app and the obj-plugin into plugins it should work
>> out of the box whithout fiddling around with install_name_tool.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Stephan
>>

>> Filip Wänström schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have problems with distributing self-contained applications on the
>>> mac. I have reduced my issues by building a very simple example that
>>> basically only opens a window and loads an .obj file.
>>>
>>> Using OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL=INFO (DEBUG is the same + a lot more, but
>>> unrelated) I get the following output:
>>>
>>> [fi...@mpq]:[~/Documents/Code/OSGTests/]$
>>> ./_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/BasicApp-1.0.0-Darwin/BasicApp.app/Contents/MacOS/BasicApp
>>> GraphicsContext::setWindowingSystemInterface() 0xc0e930 0xa13c50
>>> Initiating ....
>>> Constructing BasicApp 1
>>> Listing plugins
>>> plugin:
>>> /Users/filip/Documents/Code/OSGTests/_CPack_Packages/Darwin/DragNDrop/BasicApp-1.0.0-Darwin/BasicApp.app/Contents/PlugIns/osgPlugins-2.9.6/osgdb_obj.so
>>> Found file: "data/models/clogo.obj"
>>> Opened DynamicLibrary osgPlugins-2.9.6/osgdb_obj.so
>>> Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file
>>> "data/models/clogo.obj".
>>> Failed to load model
>>>
>>> This seems self contradictory to me...
>>>
>>> So as far as I can tell:
>>> 1) the bundled osglibs are found correctly and the app starts
>>> 2) the file in the Resources directory in the app bundle is found correctly
>>> 3) the right plugin is chosen and found in the app bundle
>>> PlugIns/osgPlugins-2.9.6 directory
>>> 4) The lib is opened ok