Hi Neil,

I can't follow your email, so can't comment specifically.  I can say
that I did a refactor of osgManipulator a couple of months back that
is now available in the 2.9.6 dev release, and svn/trunk.  This
refactor makes it easier to use so I would recommend using this.

I'm not the original author of osgManipulator so prior to my refactor
the code base was a bit of uknown, but since the refactor it is a bit
more familiar, which means I have a better chance of understanding
issues/code so moving this the latest OSG would help with support as
well.

Robert.