Hi Robert,

Several months ago I had modified the OSG Max Exporter to address some issues
artists were running into. More about the changes can be read on the Delta3D
forum post at delta3d org -> Forum -> Artists' Studio -> OSG Exporter for 3DS
Max 2010.

In short, the changes allow OSG helpers to become parts of model hierarchies,
prevent doubly referencing objects, and overall simplify helper assignments via
the 3DS Max Schematic View and Link tool.

Currently the code is accessible as a project with the Delta3D source code.
With a few tweaks the project can be OSG-ready. Please let me know if would
like me to send the the source you way.

Cheers :)

Chris